Looking for a healthy lunch option or summer party salad? This Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing is the recipe for you!
For the Salad:
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 1/2 thinly sliced small red onion
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 2 lbs strawberries. cleaned and quartered
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the pecans in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the pecans smell fragrant. Transfer to a cutting board and chop. Set aside.
- In small mixing bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients until well combined.
- Place the spinach in a great big serving bowl. Add the strawberries and red onion. Drizzle half of the dressing over the salad and toss to coat the leaves. Add a little more if needed to suit your preferences. Add the feta and pecans. Toss lightly to combine. Serve immediately, with extra dressing on the side as desired.